12Gbit Bidirectional SDI/fibre Transceiver
The OBD 1410 is a bidirectional fibre Optic to SDI transmitter and receiver which uses a single fibre link supplied in a compact self contained package. It is a convenient and cost-effective solution to combat the restrictions involved with the distribution of uncompressed broadcast quality video signals over long distances.
The OBD 1410 modules are supplied in pairs, one Type A and one Type B which work together in a WDM closed loop application. Each module has an electrical SDI in and SDI out connection and uses a single fibre link between the two.
Each channel is fully independent and can have different standards and formats of SDI video. The modules auto-detect and re-clock any 1.5Gbit, 3Gbit, 6Gbit or 12Gbit SDI source prior to conversion. The modules are fully compatible with 3Gbit Level A and Level B formats.
Note: This system used WDM optical multiplexing and should only be used in point to point applications. This solution cannot be integrated into a CWDM multiplexed system.
- Supports SDI video up to 12Gbit/s (2160p60)
- 3Gbit Level A and Level B support (all formats)
- Auto reclocking 1.5Gbit / 3Gbit / 6Gbit / 12Gbit
- Bidirectional – send and receive on single fibre
- Error free optical connections
- Up to 10km (6.2 miles) @ 12Gbit/s
- Simplex LC/PC singlemode fibre connection
- Supports hot swapping and hot plugging