- Ø = 5,5mm (4CH) Ø = 5mm (2CH), PUR flame-retardant, halogen-free, bent tolerant
- Heavy-duty, connectors IP68 (even unprotected)
- Wear-free connectors, > 5.000 mating cycles without any maintenance
- Ready-made up with connectors EBC1504
- Cables are prolongable direct, no couplers required
- No special cleaning or measurement tools required
Expanded Beam Technology
Expanded beam fibre optic connectors utilise a lens to expand and collimate the light emitting from an optical fibre. This collimated light beam is transmitted through an air gap to a mating connector, where the light is collected and focussed by a second lens into a second optical fibre to complete the connection.
With 50/125 multimode fibre, the expanded and collimated light beam has an active area of around 3.600 times larger than the original 50 µm multimode fibre core.
The effect of collimating and greatly increasing the beam diameter, means that the connector is less sensitive to small particles of dust or other contamination which could completely obscure transmission in physical contact type connectors .