1. What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys or provide feedback. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Without limitation, any of the following data may be collected and stored by Universal Networks UK Ltd:
- Email address
- Mail address
- Work phone number
- Mobile number
In operating our website we may also collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register to receive information, a newsletter etc. or make a purchase.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
Any or all of the above data maybe required from us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when you request information from Universal Networks.
2. Who is the Data Controller?
The data controller of this website is: Universal Networks UK Ltd, Charnham Lane, Hungerford, Berkshire RG17 0EY
3. How do we use your information?
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you and is of a legitimate interest. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes that may affect our service.
- For marketing purposes so that we can provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. What are your rights?
We hold personal data in order to provide you with our products and services. You have the following rights over your data:
- Right to be informed: This privacy notice contains the information that Universal Networks is obligated to disclose to you as a result of its processing of your personal data.
- Right of access: You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for Universal Networks to continue processing the data.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the suppression of the processing of personal data, whereby we can continue to store your data but cannot process it.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes and to transfer across to a different data controller.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- Rights related to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to object to profiling and any automated decision making and to access the data used so that you can review and edit for any accuracy issues.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights please contact our DPO below:
Data Protection Lead
Universal Networks UK Ltd,
5. How do we store your personal data?
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
6. Do we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to trusted third parties in order to provide our contracted services; or
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
7. Our third party data processors
We use a number of third parties to process orders on our behalf, in which case we provide basic personal data so that they can deliver the products. These third parties have been carefully chosen, and vetted, and comply with the GDPR.
We use www.reviews.co.uk to manage our customer feedback process.
8. Third party website links
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
9. Data breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
Cookies may be stored by the website you are visiting, or by third parties who provide content that is embedded upon the site - such as YouTube videos. Some cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser, others remain for longer periods - e.g. to retain any website preferences you have set on previous occasions.